Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Annotated Bibligraphy

Abernethy, Michael D. "Beneath the Surface."
           
          Times-News (Burlington, NC)Print. 2011.
            This article is great for my research because it gives statistics about the victims of PTSD.  The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs estimates that as many as 95 percent of veterans returning from combat in Iraq and Afghanistan have some form of PTSD.  This article will provide good evidence for my argument about PTSD.  The article also talks about what the VA is doing for campaigns about PTSD.  The article also talks about suicide rates after soldiers come back from war.

CHRISTINA BOYLE DAILY NEWS,STAFF WRITER. "WAR TRAUMA IDENTICAL FOR BOTH SEXES, STUDY FINDS." New York Daily News (NY): 16. Print. 2011.
          I will use this source in my final paper because it talks about how men and women can both walk away from warfare with the same chance of getting Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).   Even though women are not involved in my play, the article talks about how there are many veterans that experience post war problems.  This will back up my research about my essay.  This source shows that the medical field is delayed in research about PTSD and I think that is a problem.  In addition, this will help my essay to compare how the soldiers might have had PTSD problems after their tour in Iraq.   


Jim Farber, Staff W. "IRAQ WAR VET USES THEATER FOR THERAPY - VETSTAGE OFFERS HOPE WITH ACTING." Daily News of Los Angeles (CA): U10. Print. 2007.
          This article is perfect for my research about PTSD because it talks about Sean Huze and his struggles with the disorder.  The article will provide evidence about what Sean has gone through and how he has turned his therapy into theater.  The article talks about how Sean has created a foundation for veterans to come and get help with PTSD.  Those facts will contribute to my essay.  In addition, the facts behind who Sean Huze is will help with my writing about him in my essay. 

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate that your last resource talks about Sean Huze and his battle with PTSD directly. It's awesome that you found a quote that deals with your thesis so directly. Good luck with your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that I am not the only one writing about Sean Huze's play, and the effects of PTSD. I also found the last source you are using, though at first I was not sure if I would use it. I did. PTSD is a major problem with our returning warriors. I have seen it's effects first hand and it is very disheartening to see how slowly the research is coming in on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    your sources seem very interesting and I am sure that you will be able to use them a lot in your paper. I also did some research on PTSD and I think that it was very interesting so i bet your paper will be good and ready for you to write. Well best of luck with your paper1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that you chose this from the Ptsd angle, I think it ties into most of the stories and poems that we have read this summer semester. In fast, i chose the PTSD angle for my last paper and the more Psycology approach. Very interesting link though!! Good luck on your paper! Sounds like it is going to be really good! And congrats on the grade!

    ReplyDelete