Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blog #7 Reflection


As far as writing goes, I feel that the MLA format has been refreshed.  I feel that I now can decipher an MLA and APA citation instantly and know which to use for an essay.  I do not feel that my writing has improved much, but I do feel that the more I write, the faster I can write an essay.  In college, that is a very good advantage to have because college students are very busy!

I have been ahead on all of the assignments in this class and have around an A+.  I do not like to procrastinate, so this class is great to work ahead on.  I have completed all of the assignments stated in the syllabus thus far, and plan on finishing the rest of them very soon. 

The readings have been very interesting to me.  For example, reading the The Sandstorm and my poem, "The Woman Hanging from the Thirteenth Floor Window" was very very good reading.  Usually readings in English class can be tedious and boring, however these were not. 

The challenges in this class were just to stay on track with all of the assignments.  I really enjoyed the fact that we could work ahead.  That made it easier when I had to work a lot during the week.  Some challenges would have been finding time to write the essays.  That always takes a little while. 

2 comments:

  1. We seem to be polar opposites when it comes to procrastination. I have a very hard time working ahead when I can just as easily wait until the last minute to do it. I am finally getting ahead on a few assignments which seems to lift a lot of the stress of choosing between them all, which to start first. Well thanks for having this assignment done early so I could comment, and good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello one last time!
    First of all I wanted to thank you for helping me with my assignments when I needed it. You are very good at English. also it was nice to have another student work ahead so that we can work off of each other. as for the reading for the class I really enjoyed it too and that is rare for me. Well good luck with the rest of your school! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete